Research Unit: Hybrid Nanomaterials
Room: 0-206 or c/o ISIS Strasbourg
nadia licciardello∂kit edu
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Institute of Nanotechnology
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
Nationality/ citizenship: Italian. Place of birth: Catania. Age:26
September 2012-present: 2nd and 3rd year PhD student at ISIS (Institut de Science et d'Ingénierie Supramoléculaires, University of Strasbourg) and KIT (Karlsruher Institut fuer Technologie), supervisor Prof. Luisa De Cola
15/11/2011- August 2012: 1st year PhD student at University of Muenster (Germany), supervisor Prof. Luisa De Cola.
- 22/07/2011: 2nd Cycle Degree – Master in Chemistry of Materials (Laurea Magistrale in Chimica dei Materiali, LM24) at University of Catania, obtained with maximum marks (110/110 magna cum laude). Title of experimental thesis: “Heteroepitaxial multiferroic films with magnetoelectric properties: nanocomposites and doped systems”, supervisor: Prof. G. Malandrino
- 23/10/2009: 1st Level degree - Bachelor in Chemistry (Laurea in Chimica) at University of Catania, obtained with maximum marks (110/110 magna cum laude). Title of experimental thesis: “Synthesis and characterization of new SALAMO ligands and potentials of their metal complexes”, supervisor: Prof. M. E. Amato
- 2005: Italian secondary school diploma: Classical Certificate; School-leaving examination mark: 100/100
Foreign language skills:
Mother tongue: Italian
Other languages: English: (Cambridge ESOL First Certificate of English (European level B2, June 2004).
German: basic understanding (ground level course, Kurs Stufe A1.1, at WiPDaF and University Muenster)
French: A2 speaking and writing, B1 understanding and reading.
In peer reviewed Journals:
- D. Scillato, N. Licciardello, M. R. Catalano, G. G. Condorelli, R. Lo Nigro and G. Malandrino, "BiFeO3 Films Doped in the A or B Sites: Effects on the Structural and Morphological Properties", J. Nanosci. Nanotechol., 11 (2011) 8221-8225
Contributions to Conferences:
-C.-W. Hsu, N. Licciardello, D. Septiadi, S. Hunoldt, K. Viehweger, H. Stephan, L. De Cola, “Silicon nanoparticles: from Synthesis, Characterization to Application in Biomedicine”, 26th International Conference on Photochemistry, Leuven, Belgium, 21-26 July 2013
- N. Licciardello, C.-W. Hsu, S. Hunoldt, K. Viehweger, H. Stephan, L. De Cola, “Synthesis and characterization of silicon nanoparticles”, Multifunctional, Hybrid and Nanomaterials, Sorrento, Italy, 3-7 March 2013
- E. A. Prasetyanto, N. Licciardello, L. De Cola, “Multifunctional Luminescent Hybrid Nanoparticles for Imaging, Specific Targeting, and Drug Delivery System”, Multifunctional, Hybrid and Nanomaterials, Sorrento, Italy, 3-7 March 2013
- D. Scillato, N. Licciardello, M. R. Catalano, G. G. Condorelli, R. Lo Nigro, G. Malandrino, "BiFeO3 Films Doped in the A or B Sites: Effects on the Structural and Morphological Properties", EUROCVD 18, Kinsale, County Cork, Ireland, 4th-9th September 2011.
-N. Licciardello, G. G. Condorelli, R. Lo Nigro, G. Malandrino, "Multiferroic nanocomposites: BiFeO3-CoFe2O4 vertical heteroepitaxial nanostructures" VIII Convegno Nazionale sulla Scienza e Tecnologia dei Materiali, 26th-29th June 2011, Acicastello (CT), Italy