NanoMat, founded in 1997 as one of the first nanotechnology competency centers in Germany, is a supra-regional network with over 40 notable partners from industry and academia. Its management office is located here at the Institute of Nanotechnology.
NanoMat acts as a virtual enterprise, fostering and executing application-orientated R&D projects within labs at the Institute of Nanotechnology (INT) and at partner institutions. It also organizes dedicated workshops and symposia that encourage information exchange between and within subject areas.
NanoMat services include project management, funding, communication, public relations, personnel management, and technology transfer.
- Electronics and photonics
- Nanomaterials, raw materials, and surfaces
- Technical development and manufacturing processes
- Medicine and the environment
- Commercialization and innovation
- Material characterization
- Risk assessment and safety
- Public relations and marketing
If you are a member of industry or a scientist interested in establishing collaborative research projects and staying on top of the latest break-throughs in nanotechnology research and applications, consider joining NanoMat.