Jobs & Training
We employ scientists in chemistry, engineering, physics, materials science, and mathematical modelling as well as staff in administrative and technical positions.
Vacancies and PhD Positions
Most of our current vacancies and PhD positions are posted on the KIT jobs page. For details on our PhD positions you may contact Patricia Jaeger or Christine Fischer. Vacancies not posted on the KIT website are included below.
Bachelors or Masters Thesis
Because we are an institute within the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) and have close connections to other universities (including Darmstadt, Münster, Ulm, Gießen, Basel, and Strasbourg), we can supervise bachelor's or master's theses. To apply, please contact our research unit chairs and research groups.
The project concerns application of voltage-driven reversible electrochemistry (surface chemistry and ion-exchange) to control magnetism. The research involves nanomagnetism, material science and electrochemistry. Please apply via the linked EURAXESS website.EURAXESS project description
Work on developing a new electrolyte suitable for cycling Li-ion batteries at high temperature.Job details
- Theoretical Chemist (f/m/d) with completed doctorate
- Research associate (f/m/d) in the field of physics, chemistry or materials science Part-time 50 %
- Research Associate (f/m/d) in the field of Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science Part-time 50%
- INT 01-21 Bachelorarbeit zum Thema: Porphyrin basierte Elektrodenmaterialien für neuartige Energiespeicher
- Materialwissenschaftlerin/ Materialwssenschaftler (w/m/d) oder Physikerin/ Physiker (w/m/d) Teilzeit 75%
- Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate in Materials simulation for batteries (f/m/d)